INT002-How to Connect Microsoft Project to Project Online
Connect Microsoft Project to Project Online
This document will ensure your connection from Project Online (POL) to your organisation’s Microsoft Project (MSP) is in place. Once you have followed these steps and the connection is established, you should not need to repeat them.
- If you do not already have Microsoft Project pinned to your start or taskbar, first search your desktop apps for Microsoft Project. You will need to have the Professional version, not the Standard version. You will also need to have Microsoft Project Professional version 2016 or later. If you have an earlier version, you will need to contact your manager and/or IT helpdesk to load the correct application version on your desktop.
It is a good idea to pin the application icon to your task or start bar to make it easier to find next time.
- Open the application.
- Select Blank Project from the start screen.
- Click the File Tab.
- You will land on this page. Select Info, then Manage Accounts.
- On the pop-up box, click Add and change the default When Starting to Choose an Account.
- In the Account Name field, you can name your account. In the screenshot below I have called mine “Project Online.”
In the Project Server URL field, you will need to paste the URL or weblink of your organisation’s Project Online site. If you do not have this, contact your manager or IT helpdesk.
- Once you have filled in these required fields, click OK (twice).
- Close completely out of the application and re-open it. You will get a pop-up box with the profile details you just loaded.
- Click OK.
- You may then be prompted for your Microsoft sign-in.
Enter your organisation email and password. You may also need to close and re-open the Microsoft Project application one last time.
© Nonsuch PPM 2022