Project Online (POL) may not have the full functionality of Microsoft Project (MSP), however you can still open and edit your schedule using the available features in POL.
- Start from your Home page and select either Project Centre or Projects.
- You will get a list of all your projects in Project Online. There are two columns to look for, one is the information column (marked A, below) and the other is the Project Name column (marked B, below).
- Clicking the Project hyperlink in column B will open your schedule in the online version of Microsoft Project (Project Online). You can make simple changes and updates to your schedule.
- The project will open in the last view it was accessed with. If the schedule does not appear then select the Schedule tab.
- Once in the Schedule tab select the Task tab and click Edit and the project will be checked out to you with others not able to edit the schedule for the duration of your updates.
The task and options tabs at the top of the screen give you access to edit your schedule (with limited functionality).
- You can Save your changes as you go but it is important to note these will not be made available to other people until you Publish the project. If you close the project while editing, the changes remain saved but not Published which means the changes are not visible to other users.
- When you are ready to close your project (after saving it and choosing whether to Publish your changes to Project Online) you will be prompted to Check your project back in:
Unless you want others to not be able to check the project out for editing for any reason, you should always choose the Check-in option.