POL042-How to Navigate Project Sites
How to Navigate Project Sites
This How To is an overview of the main menu options you can use to navigate Project Sites in Project Online (POL), rather than a step-by-step guide. Specific tasks and steps to creating, editing (etc) Project Sites will be covered by other How To documents, which may mean there will be repetition/duplication of this information.
- From your home or landing page of Project Online (POL), choose either Project Centre on the vertical menu bar, or Projects on the horizontal ‘tiles’ menu bar:
- This will display a grid list of projects. To get to the Project Site of any of these, click the hyperlink in the ‘project name’ column.
- This will display the Project Detail Page associated with that project. To access the Project Site, next click Project Site.
- This will take you to the POL site associated with this project, where you can access register items (e.g Risks, Issues etc) and a project summary. From this you can add new items or edit the existing lists or register items that are displayed.
- As well as adding new register items, or editing existing ones you can also filter the views of each register item, by clicking the three dots (NOTE your organisation may display a filter icon) next to the words ‘current view’.
This will display other available views in that register item.
- The Project Site will display a side menu bar where you can move between register options and return to the Project Details Page.
- To access options such as editing the Project Site Page, click the Page menu.
- Depending on your access level, you can edit the page, edit the properties of the page, view and/or change the permissions (who has what level of access rights to the page), or delete the page, etc. The menu bar has a “pop up” help/information for each option.
© Nonsuch PPM 2022