How to Navigate Project Sites
This How To is an overview of the main menu options you can use to navigate Project Sites in Project Online (POL), rather than a step-by-step guide. Specific tasks and steps to creating, editing (etc) Project Sites will be covered by other How To documents, which may mean there will be repetition/duplication of this information.
- From your home or landing page of Project Online (POL), choose either Project Centre on the vertical menu bar, or Projects on the horizontal ‘tiles’ menu bar:
- This will display a grid list of projects. To get to the Project Site of any of these, click the hyperlink in the ‘project name’ column.
- This will display the Project Detail Page associated with that project. To access the Project Site, next click Project Site.
- This will take you to the POL site associated with this project, where you can access register items (e.g Risks, Issues etc) and a project summary. From this you can add new items or edit the existing lists or register items that are displayed.
- As well as adding new register items, or editing existing ones you can also filter the views of each register item, by clicking the three dots (NOTE your organisation may display a filter icon) next to the words ‘current view’.
This will display other available views in that register item.
- The Project Site will display a side menu bar where you can move between register options and return to the Project Details Page.
- To access options such as editing the Project Site Page, click the Page menu.
- Depending on your access level, you can edit the page, edit the properties of the page, view and/or change the permissions (who has what level of access rights to the page), or delete the page, etc. The menu bar has a “pop up” help/information for each option.