POL044-How to Create a Project Schedule (Project Online)
How to Create a Project Schedule (Project Online)
This document covers building schedule basics in Project Online (POL)
- Start from your Home page and select New Project
- Depending on your organisations configuration of Project Online (POL) you may need to choose a Portfolio level and/or a methodology.
- Your organisation’s New Project page will also be specific to your organisation, but fields that are required to be filled in will be marked with an asterix. The required fields indicated below are an example of this.
- Once your project is created you will land on the Project Site. Select Schedule.
- Most organisations will have a basic project schedule template in place that will be selected and displayed based on the choices you made when setting up your project (Portfolio level/methodology etc).
- Selecting the Task tab on the top menu will display an associated drop-down menu with options to build your schedule, for example to add more tasks you would select Add a task to the timeline.
- The view option also provides other options for building your schedule, for example swapping to the Tasks Schedule view will display a Gantt chart where you can use much of the functionality of MS Project.
- Clicking the down arrow on any columns will give you the option to configure these, allowing you to add, for example, the predecessor column to the Gantt chart view above.
- You can build your work breakdown structure in the usual way, using the quick keys in the editing section of the toolbar to indent/outdent.
This section also gives you the ability to link and unlink tasks.
And track progress.
© Nonsuch PPM 2022