How to Select and Format Views
This How To is an overview of the main menu options you can use to select and format views in Project Online (POL), rather than a step-by-step guide. Some options in this How To require system administration access, so will not be available to all users.
- From your home or landing page of Project Online (POL), choose either Project Centre on the vertical menu bar, or Projects on the horizontal ‘tiles’ menu bar:
- This will display a grid list of projects. Select the Projects tab to display the associated drop- down menu bar.
- You can select from a number of pre-set views by clicking the drop-down box to the right of the View option.
- Depending on the level of user access that has been configured by your company, you can format your own views Select Server Settings from the main menu bar.
- You will land on the Project Web Application (PWA) Settings page. Choose Manage Views (underneath Look and Feel)
NOTE: If you do not have access to this option, you will need to contact your system administrator to format a view.
- You will land on the Manage Views page where you can create new views, edit existing views or delete views in the various areas of POL (this How To is demonstrating the Project Centre. Again, your level of access will depend on the user rights assigned to you by your organisation.
- NOTE It is advisable to copy an existing view rather than start from scratch.
- Click in the white space of the line of the view you wish to copy from to highlight that view. (if you click the hyperlink you will enter a new screen where you can edit details of that view), then select Copy View.
- You will be prompted for a name for your new view.
Once you click OK, the list of views will refresh, you will see your new view appear and you can select it to edit by clicking the hyperlink.
- You can now edit the name of your view, the description, select displayed fields from available fields, format the view from a list of drop-down’s, control the grouping and sorting options and filters as well as selecting which user groups will have access to this view. When you are done, click Save.