How to View and Edit a Project Schedule in Timeline Mode (Project Online)
DISCLAIMER: The below screenshots are taken from the Nonsuch Project Online demonstration environment. The appearance and functionality of Project Online may vary depending on your organisation’s configuration.
- From your home or landing page of Project Online (POL), choose either Project Centre on the vertical menu bar, or Projects on the horizontal ‘tiles’ menu bar:
- This will display a grid list of projects. To get to the Project Site of any of these, click the hyperlink in the ‘project name’ column.
- This will display the Project Detail Page associated with that project. To access the project schedule, select Schedule from the vertical menu bar
- You will land on the last used view on the project schedule page. Select the Task tab on the top menu bar to display the associated drop-down menu.
- You can select from a number of pre-set views by clicking the drop-down box to the right of the View option. To view and edit your schedule in timeline mode, choose Select Tasks for Timeline
- Next, click the down arrow underneath the Edit option in the project section of the top menu bar and choose In Browser.
- You will have a display message to say the project is now checked out to you for editing and there will be a timeline displayed above the task grid.